So close was the God of Cricket!!  

Posted by Vadi in

Cricket is almost portrayed as a religion in India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and several other countries. Every religion has a god and in the same fashion, one cricketer is being worshipped as god. Well, it's none other than the greatest itself- Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin has similar titles like the Little Master and Master Blaster.

Watching Sachin play itself is a gift! Then what can you say when you see him so close. I have seen his performances several times in the television. December 15th, 2008 was when I saw Sachin play in the MAC stadium, Chennai. He scored a century too. See how lucky I was. Well the match ended with a four, Sachin securing India's historic win. My luck didn’t stop at the match end. The match concluded at around 5. After the match I visited a ice cream shop with my friends. I happened to return to the Chepauk railway station at around 5.45. There was a small crowd at the stadiums gate. And I forgot to say that the stadiums entrance and the railway station are just separated by inches. I mingled with the crowd and learnt that they were there to see the players leaving.

I went much exited. I first saw the Indian Captain M.S.Dhoni, leaving in a car. Followed him came a bus. It had transparent windows. As the bus came closer, I saw Harbhajan Singh and Gambhir. Both were so silent! As the bus turned, the crowd went mad. I was confused at this. Just then realized that the reason for it- it was Sachin. He was seated in the first row and OMG!! I saw him so close!! So close that we were only parted by a few inches. That was an amazing incident. I felt I was the luckiest man at that moment. Wow!! I still couldn’t believe that it happened. And i even saw Sehwag, Yuvraj, Venkatesh Prasad at a clsoe range. I thought of sharing this to you people and hence have posted. Do comment about it!!

This entry was posted on 12/17/08 at Wednesday, December 17, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment